An outdoor Maine Art and Craft Seconds & Supplies Sale will be held Saturday June 3, 2017 at Running with Scissors in Portland, Maine. The sale will provide an opportunity for the public and fellow artists to purchase studio supplies, materials and equipment, as well as seconds (final products not quite right for full price retail or wholesale shows and stores) directly from Maine artists. The sale is a co-production of Maine Crafts Association and Running with Scissors designed to support our members, have fun and help shift extra materials from people who don’t need them to people who do!
HOW to EXHIBIT
MCA and RWS members will be offered tables at a member rate and early deadline. A later deadline and higher rate will be open to non-members and late registrants, subject to availability. Exhibitors will set up “flea market” style at single 8×4 tables or 10×10 tents that they supply. No electricity. Exhibitors are responsible for their own sales transactions.
12/5/16 Seconds & Supplies Sale Registration Begins for MCA & RWS members only
2/16/17 Open Registration begins
4/1/17 Open Registration Deadline
5/1/17 Cancellation deadline for 50% refund (no refunds post 5/1)
6/3/17 Seconds & Supplies Sale, rain or shine!
Exhibitor set up 7-9am
Sale Hours 9am-4pm
After party event 4pm-7pm
More Sale Details
The sale has space vendors at tables under one large tent and vendors in their own 10×10 tents. The exhibitors will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis within each media category to create a diverse offering of materials, equipment and products.
Fees before 2/15/17 (MCA & RWS Members Only)
$25 In-line table space under large tent (tables not provided)
$75 10×10 tent space (tents not provided)
Fees after 2/16/17 (anyone)
$40 8×4 Table space under large tent (tables not provided)
$100 10×10 EZ-up Tent space (tents not provided)
Media: Vendors selling products or materials and equipment used in the following media may apply
Drawing / Printmaking / Painting
Fiber / Leather
Metal / Jewelry / Blacksmithing
Wood / Furniture
A few more details…
- There will be a designated area for FREE items
- There will be a designated area for large equipment, vendors please note your large equipment display needs on the registration form!
- Sponsors, musicians and food vendors are currently being recruited. Contact Sadie if you, or a business you know, would like to get involved! firstname.lastname@example.org
- An after-party event, or at least walking across the street to Lone Pine Brewery, is in the works, stay tuned!
And a few rules and regs…
- No sharing tables or tents
- Only sell items from your own studio
- Only sell art/craft related items (not household, not full-price products from your line)
- Vendors required to be present all day
- Vendors process their own sales and collect sales tax as required
- Vendors will be required to move vehicle to the Marginal Way Park and Ride to leave parking space for shoppers
- Sale is Rain or Shine, no refunds for bad weather