The Maine Crafts Association and The Society of Arts & Crafts have collaborated to offer MCA Members the opportunity to exhibit at CraftBoston Holiday 2016 in an MCA booth shared by two to five MCA Member artists and subsidized by the Society and the MCA. Artists selected to participate in the MCA Member Booth Program will be provided information and training by professionals in the field and catered to the individual artist’s experience and needs. Program participants will be granted automatic entry into CraftBoston Holiday the following year as independent exhibitors.
A competitive show comprised of over 175 exhibitors, CraftBoston Holiday is a highly regarded must-attend event for artists, collectors, and craft enthusiasts. CraftBoston is a mission-driven event that encourages the creation, collection, and conservation of the work of craft artists while promoting the public appreciation of fine craftsmanship. It features work by emerging artists from leading schools and universities, an artist mentor program, a craft bookseller, tours for special interest groups, and informational booths promoting non-profit craft organizations. Presented at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston’s affluent Back Bay neighborhood, CraftBoston Holiday is conveniently located in a fashionable, concentrated shopping district and draws large crowds that include tourists, a loyal local population, and shoppers from the affluent suburbs of the greater Boston area. The combined effects of innovative programming, the holiday season, a shopping and art savvy neighborhood location, and highly concentrated marketing efforts ensures a strong audience of educated buyers at CraftBoston Holiday.
The Society of Arts & Crafts
Incorporated in 1897, The Society of Arts and Crafts is the oldest non-profit craft organization in the United States. SAC has been at the forefront of the American craft movement fostering the development, sales, recognition and education of craft for over 100 years.
- Artists accepted for participation must be in attendance at their booth during the entire show. No agent, dealers, or representative may attend in place of the artist.
- MCA will review all applications and then submit to CraftBoston staff to select the participants.
- The MCA Member Booth will accommodate two to five exhibitors. The booth size and fees will be determined once the CraftBoston show staff has invited artists to exhibit and deposits have been paid.
- Program participants will be granted automatic entry into CraftBoston Holiday the following year as independent exhibitors.
- Program participants will be responsible for their own transportation to, and accommodations in, Boston.
Show marketing includes:
• Extensive advertising and public relations throughout metro Boston and New England
• Advertising in national craft magazines geared towards serious craft collectors
• Free full-color print & web promotional materials
• Dedicated webpage for each artist on the CraftBoston website
• Extensive event coverage on social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Youtube, and Pinterest.
Artist amenities include:
• Easy load-in/load-out
• Exhibitor dinner available Thursday evening
• 24-hour on-site security
• Free booth sitting services
• Secure jewelry lock-up available
• Discounted advance admission tickets
• Hotel accommodation discount
• Roommate and housing program
- MCA Member Application Fee: $15
- Non-MCA Member Application Fee: $30
- Non-refundable deposit (once accepted): $100
- Booth Fee – to be determined upon final number of participants: estimated to be $700. Price includes booth space, pipe & drape and electricity.
- There will be additional booth design costs, to be determined by the shared elements of booth design. MCA has some booth components to contribute, at no cost, to the booth.
- Additional/individual marketing opportunities are available for shared booth exhibitors. Fees may apply.
- Each participant will be required to apply for their own Massachusetts sales tax identification number (instructions will be provided during exhibitor meeting).
- Each participant will be responsible for their own sales, and should be prepared to accept credit cards.
June 3 midnight: Application Deadline
July 1: Application Notification/MCA Shared Booth Program Exhibitors announced
July 15: Participant confirmation and deposit due
September 2: Booth Balance due
September date and location TBD: Mandatory exhibitor meeting with MCA staff
November date and location TBD: Mandatory exhibitor meeting to finalize booth design
Wednesday November 30 and Thursday December 1: Load in
December 1: Opening preview party, exhibitor attendance mandatory.
December 2, 3, 4: CraftBoston Holiday 2016 public show dates (load-out Sunday night)