Maine Craft Weekend (MCW), a statewide tour of Maine craft studios, breweries, businesses and events, is an opportunity for the public to explore the life and work of craft artists and craft brewers in Maine. MCW is a public, educational, community orientated, family friendly weekend held in October.
MCW is scheduled in conjunction with American Craft Week, a nationwide event promoting craft events each October. Modeled after Maine Maple Sunday and Buy Local Saturday, this self-guided tour features participants all over the state who are not regularly open to the public or who have planned special MCW events and demonstrations at their locations.
- Maine Craft Weekend is produced by The Maine Crafts Association with Event Partner, the Maine Brewer’s Guild, and Organizational Partner, The Maine Department of Economic and Community Development’s Maine Made Program. These statewide organizations have successfully branded and promoted quality Maine Craft, Maine products, and craft beer, respectively; Maine Craft Weekend invites the public into these dynamic studios and businesses to see the magic behind the products they produce.Examples of participating sites include individual potters’ home studios, craft galleries, glass blowing studios, outdoor installation sites, non-profit craft organizations, craft-based schools, craft beer breweries and craft beer brewery-restaurants. Events will vary by type of location and will include open studios, demonstrations, tastings, exhibitions, sales, tours, kids’ projects and other creative and interactive activities.
- Full listing (description and map) for members of MCA, Maine Made or Maine Brewer’s Guild: Free
- Full listing (description and map) for participants not affiliated with one of these groups: $10
- Full listing late fee for non-affiliated participants: $15 (after Sept. 30)
- Basic listing (description only): Free
- Yard Signs: Cost varies based on quantity and shipped vs pick-up.
- February 2017: Online registration opens at mainecraftweekend.org
- September 30, 2017: Listing deadline ($10)
- October 10, 2017: Late listing deadline ($15)
- late-September: MCW yard signs begin to ship and available for pick-up
- October 14 + 15: Maine Craft Weekend