Posted January 2, 2018
The Center for Maine Craft in West Gardiner is hiring a full-time Assistant Manager and part-time sales associates. The positions will be posted until filled. Interested applicants should apply by sending a resume and cover letter to Whitney Gill, Center Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted April 13, 2018
Maine Craft Portland in Portland, opening summer 2018, is hiring part-time Sales Associates, the positions will be posted until filled. (The deadline for the Manager position was April 23). Interested applicants should apply by sending a resume and cover letter to Sadie Bliss, MCA Director: email@example.com
Center for Maine Craft: Assistant Manager
Location: West Gardiner, Maine
Hours: 40/week, requires nights and weekends.
Paid vacation, holidays, sick time
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance (partially paid by employer)
Retail sales discounts
Sales based bonuses
MCA Professional Membership
The Maine Crafts Association is seeking to fill the Assistant Manager position at the Center for Maine Craft. The Assistant Manager is focused on leading the sales team in reaching retail sales goals and assists the Center Manager with all the daily operations of the store: ensuring that all systems are functioning, staffing levels are maintained, the store is well stocked for each season and visually appealing, clean and comfortable for shoppers and that a full calendar of programming and exhibitions is planned. The assistant manager is the primary representative for the Center in the Manager’s absence.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following through their resume, cover letter, references and interview:
- Warm and outgoing personality
- Interest in supporting artists in Maine
- Strong work ethic, motivated, takes initiative
- Responsible and reliable
- Leadership skills
- Strong team member
- Retail experience
- Tech savvy, ideally with POS experience, quick learner of new software programs
- Strong communication skills
Overview of Job Duties
Vendors, Inventory & Sales
- Serve as a leader to the sales associate team: making sales, operating the sales software, friendly customer service, packaging items.
- Assist with inventory receiving, stocking
- Assist physical inventory counting
- Contribute to team meeting annual sales goals set by MCA Board of Directors
- Approve / manage customer returns as needed
Programs and Events
- Assist as directed: Exhibition Calendar: The Center mounts a variety of exhibitions throughout the year, mixing income-earning with less profitable. Duties will included curating, planning, installing as needed.
- Assist as directed: Programming Calendar: The Center hosts a variety of events (trunk shows, sales, craft shows, demos, book signings, retail education) throughout the year.
- Maintain a positive work environment, lead by example and achieve high staff morale
- Document and communicate staff issues to Center Manager
- Support and assist Manager with scheduling needs
- Support and assist Manager with staff trainings, meetings, parties and @COST day
- Attend bi-monthly manager meetings
- Assist with training of new sales associates
- Maintain an updated Center and MCA staff contact list
- Complete Bank deposits / Mail / downtown errands