Call to MCA Members – Showcase your holiday ornaments and holiday decor (garlands, stockings, tree toppers, menorahs and more)!
Apply by October 31 – Email Whitney@mainecrafts.org with submissions
Specifications and Guidelines
All qualifying work must be well conceived and expertly executed in Maine by members of the Maine Crafts Association. It also must be made by hand or with the use of appropriate equipment and tools. Applicants must have a current 2018 Professional or Emerging Professional membership to qualify.
Members must submit work that can be reproduced to at least a dozen items by the delivery date, (however, one-of-a-kind work would also be considered). Submissions must include an image of at least one completed item intended to be shown in the exhibit.
Categories not accepted
Dried flower arrangements; pressed flowers; seed and pod decorations; cut bottles and embellished objects such as non-artisan made painted boxes, glasses, stones, shells, and buttons. Objects made from commercial kits or commercially available plans are also not acceptable.
Sales & Payment
- The Maine Crafts Association pays vendors, via check, for sales in the previous month by the 15th of the following month. (For example, the vendor’s check for all November sales will be mailed on December 15th).
- The Center operates on a consignment basis, paying the vendor 60% of retail price. When the Center has a sale, or offers a member discount, and charges less than the agreed upon retail price, the vendor percentage will not change.
- Center Delivery Deadline: November 12
- Current 2018 MCA Professional Membership
- Signed copy of the consignment vendor agreement
- List of works – either a Center Inventory Form or comparable document
- Deliveries can be mailed to Center for Maine Craft: PO BOX 342 Gardiner, ME 04345