MCA GUILD LEVEL MEMBERSHIP
The Maine Crafts Association membership now includes the MCA GUILD LEVEL MEMBERSHIP. To qualify for this level, craft artists must be approved through the MCA Guild Level Membership jury process and live in Maine, or, in a New Hampshire town that is within 10 miles of the Maine state line.
If you have not been approved through the MCA guild jury process or were not a member of the Maine Crafts Guild in 2018 or 2019, please do not register for this membership level yet: you must qualify for this level through the MCA GUILD LEVEL MEMBERSHIP jury process.
If you register for this membership level without being approved for it you will be issued a refund, less $25 admin fee.
The MCA Guild Level Membership is the MCA’s only juried membership. This membership level is designed to attract and bring together professional craft artists who want to exhibit in the MCA Guild Fine Craft Shows with other professional craft artists offering one of a kind, handmade work. The intent of the shows, as it was under Maine Crafts Guild management, is to nurture a market place where the public can see, collect and learn about the highest quality handmade craft objects made by Maine’s most dedicated, talented and trained craft artists who have mastered their tools, techniques and vision to create one-of-a-kind fine objects for everyday use and special occasions.
Please Note: The reason to join the MCA at the Guild Level Membership is because you want to exhibit in the MCA Guild Fine Craft Shows. The one-time jury process gives you ongoing access to exhibiting in the shows. If you are not interested in the shows, this membership does not offer any other benefits than those offered by the MCA Professional Level Membership.
MCA GUILD LEVEL MEMBERSHIP is $150 annually and includes all the MCA Professional Level Membership Benefits. The only additional benefit beyond the MCA Professional Level Membership is access to exhibit in the MCA Guild Fine Craft Shows (new in 2020).
A PARTNERS GUILD LEVEL MEMBERSHIP is available for business partners working in the same business or practice for $200 annually
The Guild Level Membership Includes all the Professional Level Benefits:
- Qualify for all member-only opportunities, events, discounts and programs throughout the year
- Free inclusion in Maine Craft Weekend (opt-in required, event is annually in October)
- Opportunity to apply for Artists in Their Studios Photography Project
- Opportunity to sell work at Center for Maine Craft + Maine Craft Portland (jury process + approval required)
- Opportunity to participate in MCA mentor booth programs (jury process + approval required)
- Receive member-only enewsletters in addition to monthly MCA enewsletter
- Opportunity to participate in exhibition and demonstrations at Center for Maine Craft + Maine Craft Portland
- Opportunity to be invited to exhibit in MCA Member Exhibitions
- Opportunity to have product for sale through the MCA Etsy store site
- Invitations to member meetings, gatherings and events
- Member page on MCA website: Enhanced visibility via a description of work, artist statement/biography, three images and link to member’s website
- MCA shares, likes and links of member social media posts
- Access to MCA Co-op Advertising opportunities (fees apply)
- Opportunity to be included in annual 30 Lovely Things gift guide (curated by MCA Retail Gallery staff)
- Listing + Online map placement for Maine Craft Weekend (Opt-in required, event is annually in October)
- Qualify for MCA Member rate for Portland Fine Craft Show Jury Fee and Booth Fee in August
- Qualify for MCA Member rate for MCA Weekend Workshop @ Haystack in May
- Qualify for MCA Member rate for MCA Business Workshops for Artists
- 100% discount (free!) on Maine Craft Weekend participant list and map
- 15% discount all purchases at the Center for Maine Craft & Maine Craft Portland
- 10% discount at Artist & Craftsmen
- 50% discount on premium brochure space within the Cultural Tourism Display area (as space allows) at the Center
- Qualify for all other member-rates on new events and programs throughout the year