2021 Portland Fine Craft Show
Saturday, August 28, 2021 | 10am-5pm
Free Street Parking Lot, 120 Free Street, Portland ME
Admission is free and open to the public!
Featuring approximately 100 juried exhibitors from Maine and the Northeast exhibiting fine craft in the following media categories: baskets, ceramics, fiber-decorative, fiber-wearables, furniture, glass, jewelry, leather, metal, mixed media, paper, stone and wood, as well as outreach booths featuring New England and Portland arts organizations, international artists new to Maine, guilds and schools by special invitation, and several sponsor booths. The Portland Fine Craft Show remains one of the only Maine craft shows open to artists not living in Maine, and has a reputation for being well-organized and high quality, with high attendance.
Thank you to our 2020 Show Sponsors & Supporters!
Become a sponsor: contact: 207-205-0791 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SHOW LOCATION CHANGE FOR 2021
For five years (2015-19) the Portland Fine Craft Show occupied Congress Street between State and High Streets, with this segment of Congress Street closed to vehicles on the Show day. In 2021, the Portland Fine Craft Show will move to a private parking lot at 120 Free Street, a location familiar to returning exhibitors. The Free Street Lot location is attractive for its proximity to the original show location, and, like the original location, its accessibility from major Portland Arts District attractions – Portland Museum of Art, the Children’s Museum and both the Old Port and the West End. The change of location is on the advice and conditions of the City of Portland.
PFCS Visual Identity Project
MCA is pleased to announce Portland Fine Craft Show exhibitor Ebenezer Akakpo of Westbrook and South Portland, ME will lead the design and development of a visual identity for the 2020 Show. Brooke Hoerner/AP Curiosities of Bowdoinham, ME led the design and development of visual elements and create a ‘visual identity’ for the 2019 Show with Amanda Mitchell/Delany Arts of Yarmouth, ME.
• Listing in printed Show Program/Map (a collaboration with West End News)
• Listing in online Show Directory
• Social media promotion/post of each individual artist
• Lunch delivery in compostable packaging – no plastic
• Water cart refill delivery and refill stations – no plastic throwaway water bottles
• Volunteer booth sitters
• Professional Show Producer with staff available daily for assistance leading up to show
• Pre show and day-of-show advertising opportunities for exhibitors
• Awards for Best Booth Design, Best of Show and People’s Choice with prize of auto entry and free booth in 2021 show