This resource is updated on the 1st of every month. All listings will be deleted if not renewed.
Questions? Scroll to the bottom of the page to see if our ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ can help you out, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit a listing for MCA’s Craft Classifieds please email Simonne@MaineCrafts.Org with the following information:
Are you?: Selling, In search of, Hiring, Renting, or Renewing from last month?
Best way to contact you: Phone? Email?
Phone # (if you would like it listed):
Images (up to 5, 500 x 500 pixels):
Newest listings at the top (on desktop)
For sale – custom made and one-of-a-kind display cases. Designed by a cabinet maker, these cases are beautiful. Enclosed on 3 sides. The shelves are adjustable which makes it easy to display different size pieces. Without the shelves you could display very large pieces. Storage of the glass shelves is in the bases. Open top – to which we would clip on lights.
The cases assemble and disassemble quickly. They completely knock down and store flat in sturdy plywood boxes for transporting.
Original price was $2400. We are asking $1200 for all four (2 short and 2 tall).
207 691 8324
Pipe and drape set, as shown in photos. Same components are still available on onlineeeei.com if you want to add to this set up. $350 for the lot. Includes all that is shown in images.
- 2 upright, 8ft, break apart std. aluminum
- 2 base, 14 in x 16 in (12lbs) Zinc plated
- 1 crossbar, 6 – 10 ft adjustable, std. aluminum
- 4 premier drape, 60 in wide x 35 in high bone
- 2 upright, 3ft, std. aluminum
- 2 base for 3ft upright, 8in x 14in (6lbs), zinc plated
- 3 crossbar, 6 – 10 adjustable, std. aluminum
- 3 premier drape, 60 in wide x 90 in, high bone
- Bags for drape and poles
Title: MOFGA Procurement and Sales Specialist
Primary Responsibilities: Primary responsibilities include developing a sales strategy and goals to ensure The Maine Organic Marketplace becomes a profitable business that supports MOFGA’s mission; managing the budget, ordering and payouts; and communicating with vendors about inventory.
Supervisor: Communication and Outreach Director
Work Week: 10-15 hours — Monday through Friday, with the potential for the position to grow and become full time.
Compensation: This is a new position. Candidates should submit a proposal for their desired hourly rate dependent upon experience and whether they prefer to work as an hourly employee or contractor.
Required Abilities and Knowledge:
● Proven sales track record.
● Experience with retail merchandising, retail strategy, retail ordering, different POS systems, inventory management and retail management.
● Demonstrated strategic thinking and visioning skills for viable business management.
● Ability to flourish with minimal guidance.
● Ability to manage complex projects, be proactive and handle uncertainty.
● Excellent organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
● Experience building collaborative partnerships.
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including written communications.
● Comfort and proficiency with databases, the Microsoft Office suite of programs, online communication tools, Google Drive, and e-commerce platforms like Shopify.
● Experience with farming, gardening or homesteading are a plus.
● Ensure the profitable operation of The Maine Organic Marketplace.
● Develop and meet sales goals and provide feedback to sales staff about merchandising and marketing strategies.
● Conduct research to identify new markets and customer preferences.
● Keep records of and report on sales, revenue, invoices, educational events etc.
● Oversee budget development and management, and manage vendor payouts.
● Curate merchandise to attract new customers.
● Assist with 2023 Common Ground Country Fair Country Store planning including developing a strategy for merchandising and POS efficiency.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Carry out all of the responsibilities listed above in accordance with the mission statement goals and philosophy of the Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association.
The position is based in Freeport, although remote work is possible. MOFGA’s success depends upon the collaborative spirit among its staff members and volunteers. Employees are expected to be ready and willing to assist colleagues in all program areas when needed by their colleagues.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, including your compensation
requirements, to Jennifer Wilhelm, Communications and Outreach Director, at
email@example.com. Application review will begin on July 31, 2023 and will be ongoing until this position is filled.
Hay Runner; a real estate, design, and construction company out of Portland, is repurposing the property into studios, workshops, and a mix of other uses. Our vision is to have this building full of creatives, and we have just one studio left! Here are the details:
2nd floor Studio
–High ceilings, wood floors, and large easterly-facing windows
–Approximately 600 Sqft
–Approximately $1,100 per month (utilities included)
Well suited for a single occupant or small group. Partitioning the space is also an option.
Other prospective tenants include a ceramics studio, plant design business, wood and metal fabricators, and personal artist studios.
The building is a former school situated on approximately 6 acres with plenty of space for parking, outdoor storage, events, and any number of other activities.
Very good condition – knockdown Pro Panels – 7 feet x 2 feet
We have stored and transported them in their original cardboard shipping boxes. Knock down is great – we carried them in the back of our PT Cruiser. Having the telescopic legs made them easy to set up on uneven ground.
2 Black and 4 Gray with Black curtains made it easy to access storage behind. We like that they could be set up as a corner or straight configuration.
Small damage to the front of one lower black panel – so we flipped it around – it shows a bit of a seam that way, but not really that noticeable. Also includes a long stabilizing pole which we attached lights to.
New $215 each ($1290) – asking price is all six for $750
207 691 8324
In search of volunteers to teach short crafting or art sessions at our senior Auburn recreation center. We have a great facility and a number of members who are interested in learning simple crafts or completing simple Art projects.
These volunteer positions are for one-time sessions, or more if you would like, to teach a crafting skill or activity to our interested seniors. Participation would be kept to 14-15 to keep the group small. All supplies would be purchased by the department for participants.
207-333-6601 Ext. 2108
- Selling Aluminum Jewelry Display Cases – 4 lockable glass tops, round edges w/ various inserts to hold jewelry pieces; great for display, transport & storage of inventory. External dimensions 14.75” x 8.50” x 2” deep. Offered @$ 28.00 Each.
- Four wooden Display Trays @$ 12.00 Each
- Flat velvet display pads (14” x 7-1/2” – fits wooden display trays and Aluminum Jewelry Display Cases
- 7 Black pads & 7 assorted colors. Velvet pads sold @ $ 6.00 Each. SEE PHOTOS.
- Assortment of individual display items – for bracelets, necklaces, ERs, rings. Lot cost $50.00. Used in three galleries and occasionally at shows.
Standard SCHACHT Floor Loom for Sale: 4 Harness, 6 Treadles, 46” weaving width.
In very good condition. New over $4200. Asking $2000. Extras to go with! For pick up in Biddeford.
Attention concrete artists in Maine or nearby! See this little concrete mixer? This isn’t my photo, but it shows a mixer identical to mine. My cement mixer is in like-new condition. I used it ONE DAY to clean black walnuts. Have stored it only inside. If you want this, it’s free. But you have to come to Harpswell to get it. If you’re a concrete artist, I’d love to have a piece of your work in exchange. First come, first served.
Large quantity of shrinkwrap & hot melt cutting machine, included:
- 1 very large roll of shrink wrap, 21.5 inches tall (folded in half). 45 total inches wide — approx 12 inch diameter roll
- 1 medium roll of shrink wrap — approx. 24.5 inches wide –approx 6 inch diameter roll
- KW triO shrink wrap hot melt cutter — cuts and seals shrink wrap — (cut wrap to the size you want then shrink to tightly fit object by using hair dryer or iron)
The asking price is $75.00.
Chong & Judi Lim
Show Off Canopy – Show Off Canopies are the best craft tents available. We have had this tent for many years, and it has stood up to rain and wind. It’s extremely sturdy and looks very professional.
We had the pipes cut down so they would store in 6 feet instead of 8 feet. Reassembling them makes them full size to construct the 10 x 10 tent.
There are 3 minor small patches. The tent does not leak. It was packed up and stored indoors after every show.
New $1672 – Asking price $600
207 691 8324
In search of Orland River Day vendors. This festival has been running for over 50 years in the town of Orland Maine, taking place this year on Saturday, September 9th.
The fee for a booth is $25, with a small extra charge if electricity is needed.
Our theme this year is “Pirates of the Narramissic”, but it is optional for vendors to follow the theme.
The application may be found on the Orland River Day Facebook page, as well as on the Town of Orland website. It could be sent directly to anyone who requests it.
Selling Schacht Stick Shuttles & Weaving Swords, Toika Metal Temple & Rio Grande Rug Shuttle.
- Schacht Stick Shuttles: 2@35” $8.50 each
- 3@24” $ 7.50 each; 2@20” $ 7.00 each; 4@16” $ 6.50 each
- Schacht Weaving Swords: 1@30” $15. each & 1@16” $ 10. each
- RioGrande Rug Shuttle $20.00
- Toika Stretcher or Temple – Metal, expands 36”-60” offered @$45.00 (new it runs $88-92.00)
We are seeking crafts vendors for our new downtown market in Millinocket, open Saturdays 9-12 noon through September 16. For details on application process, email barbara@MillinocketMemorialLibrary.org Fee is $40 for whole season or $10 per Saturday. Enthusiastic crowd!
Tear Cap Workshops
Frequently asked questions:
Can I place an ad to sell used studio / workshop equipment or craft supplies?
I’m seeking or hiring for a craft related job. Can I place an ad here?
Are home + studio rental and sales listings okay?
YES! But, they need to have a link to Maine craft such as: the owner is a MCA member, the property is a studio rental/sale, the property is uniquely suited to artists and in Maine. We don’t want to list general real estate sales and rentals.
I would like to advertise my work and website. Can I place an ad here?
NO, not here, but that can be listed in your member profile OR you might consider our Co-Op Advertising opportunities.
I’m looking to hire someone to create an e-commerce website for my business. Can I place an ad here?
I offer a professional service that applies to craft artists (web design, bookkeeping, marketing)
Can I post advertisements for public events?
NO, not here, but you can submit calls for artists/ participants for the event.
Can non-MCA members list ads in Craft Classifieds?
YES! As long as the listing is Maine craft related and fits into the types of listing we are sharing. As with all listings, if we determine it doesn’t fit in we will let you know. & we always welcome new members – please consider joining! Click here for more info.
Have a question not covered? Email firstname.lastname@example.org