STITCH: MAINE DESIGNERS ON THE RUNWAY
A FASHION FUNDRAISER BENEFITING THE MAINE CRAFTS ASSOCIATION
June 16th, 2022 @ Urban Farm Fermentory
200 Anderson Street, Portland, Maine 04101
5pm – 8pm, Runway @ 6:30pm
STITCH features an evening of style, celebrating Maine designers in a live runway show and offering opportunities to mix and mingle with fellow supporters and followers of design, art & craft – all in support of one of Maine’s essential non-profit arts organizations: the Maine Craft Association.
$50 tickets ($40 MCA members) support the Maine Crafts Association and include admission to the runway show and Style Market, snacks, socializing before and after the show, a drink ticket if purchased online before June 16th @ 4pm for an Urban Farm Fermentory beverage (beer, jun, gruit, cider, mead + kombucha).
DATE & LOCATION: June 16th, 2022, Urban Farm Fermentory Portland, Maine
2022 RUNWAY DESIGNER LINEUP:
JM Syron of True Self Couture
Gnykol of True Self Couture
STYLE MUSIC: Boondocks
STITCH BENEFICIARY & PRODUCER: Maine Crafts Association, a non-profit arts organization supporting craft artists by providing educational, marketing and retail opportunities. Stitch proceeds will support MCA educational programming!
Style Market @ STITCH /// June 16th 2022 ///
STITCH: Maine Designers on the Runway will feature a fashion based pop-up Style Market! Maine designers will exhibit & sell in the Style Market alongside the runway designers.
The Style Market will feature craft vendors selling apparel, jewelry, bags/purses, hats, and other fashion related accessories!
2019 STITCH Image Gallery
Call for 2021 Designers:
We are seeking Maine clothing makers interested in participating in the 2021 event. The event will be held Sept 9, 2021 at Urban Farm Fermentory – which can accommodate an indoor or outdoor runway and be designed to allow for social distancing. MCA is currently seeking designers for the runway, there is no fee for designers to participate, however a current MCA membership is required upon committing.
To be considered, artists should meet the following standards, but we are happy to consider and work with folks who are working toward these benchmarks
- Artist lives and works in Maine
- Artist is the lead designer and/or maker of the items – it is not required that the designer personally sew each and every piece, but the designs must be by the artist and made in Maine
- Artist is MCA member, or, willing to become an MCA member upon final commitment to participate (non-members WELCOME to inquire and express interest!) *Professional level required.
- Artist has a ready-to-wear clothing line, or is working toward one
- Artist has pieces available for sale (online or not), or is working toward that
- Artist will have 6 runway looks ready for Sept 2021 (and, ideally models to wear them, but we can help with that if needed!)
To be considered for the runway: Please email Lizz Brown, MCA Programs Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, business name, images and/or links to your line.
Prospective designers: contact Lizz Brown at email@example.com