Maine Craft Weekend (MCW) is a statewide tour of Maine craft studios, breweries and businesses and an opportunity for the public to explore the life and work of craft artists and businesses in Maine. MCW is a public, educational, community oriented, family friendly weekend; free listings are available to members of the Maine Crafts Association, Maine Made, and Open Studio Maine.
MCW is scheduled in conjunction with American Craft Week, a nationwide event promoting craft events each October. Modeled after Maine Maple Sunday and Buy Local Saturday, this self-guided tour features participants all over the state who are not regularly open to the public or who have planned special MCW events and demonstrations at their locations.
Maine Craft Weekend is produced by The Maine Crafts Association with Event Partners. Participants/host sites include individual potters’ home studios, craft galleries, glass blowing studios, outdoor installation sites, non-profit craft organizations, craft-based schools, craft beer breweries and craft beer brewery-restaurants. Events vary by type of location and will include open studios, demonstrations, tastings, exhibitions, sales, tours, kids’ projects and other creative and interactive activities.
Craft artists, retailers, breweries and other related businesses and events interested in being included on the map and in our marketing should contact us.
- Full listing including map link for members of MCA and Maine Made: Free through June 30: Free
- Full listing including map link for non-members, and all registrations received July 1-Sept 1: $25
- Yard Signs: Cost varies based on quantity and shipped vs pick-up
- February 6, 2019: Online registration opens at mainecraftweekend.org
- June 30, 2019: Free listing deadline for MCA and Maine Made members
- September 1, 2019: Late registration deadline for all ($25)
- Late-September: MCW yard signs begin to ship and available for pick-up
- October 4, 2019: Opening night festivities for Maine Craft Weekend
- October 5+6, 2019: Maine Craft Weekend