Maine Crafts Association
Founded in 1983, the Maine Crafts Association is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization serving the craft artists of Maine. 2023 marks the fortieth year of the MCA: Four decades of growth, community, and connections forged across our great state.
Kicking off the celebration of this landmark year, please enjoy this video compliation documenting current MCA programming, our members, and their incredible craftsmanship.
The allure of Maine’s environment, its raw materials and changing landscape are woven into generations of Maine craft artists. New makers continue to see Maine as an inspiration to pursue creative opportunities and make it their home.
The Maine Crafts Association was founded in 1983. This non-profit organization
provides educational programs, public events, mentorship, artist promotions and an inclusive community to connect emerging, mid-career and established craftspeople.
- The Craft Apprentice Program shares experience across generations in the studio.
- A Weekend Workshop at Haystack brings craft artists together to learn and connect.
- Maine Craft Weekend celebrates craft across the state with hundreds of coinciding events each fall.
- Educational workshops address trends and changing needs in the creative economy.
- The Craft Content Project documents and shares the diverse stories of artists living and working in Maine.
- A runway fashion show, STITCH, celebrates Maine’s fashion movement.
- The annual Maine Craft Artist Awards inspire by honoring Maine’s craft legends.
- Our newest programs, Artist Retreats at Monson Arts, and Pollinators, a craft mentorship program, further advance our mission to bring people together through craft.
By joining the MCA, you become part of a community linked by the highest standards of craftsmanship, ingenuity, creativity, and the shared belief that craft can bring us together.
By making a tax-deductible donation you support our commitment to lead, celebrate and contribute to a creative ecosystem in Maine which supports healthy, balanced, thriving studio practices, businesses and lives of all Maine craft artists.
Shop Maine Craft + Maine Crafts Association: Working in partnership to support and expand Maine’s creative economy.
MCA completed a restructuring resulting in two organizations in 2022. Shop Maine Craft is now home to our retail-based intitatives for MCA members, including Center for Maine Craft, Maine Craft Portland, Portland Fine Craft Show, Guild Fine Craft Shows, as well as other markets, events, ecommerce and marketing opportunities. Visit shopmainecraft.com to learn more and get involved!
Thank you to Cove Design Works for their wonderful work compliating this video